Tuesday, January 26, 2010
Well Well Well, Here it is Tuesday!
Where did Monday go? I must admit that I don't know. I went to Baldwin to see the card display, and had tea in the tea room. I asked for green tea and she gave me a Lipton Tea bag. Now folks, I am not against Lipton Tea. I just thought that for $1.50 I would get more than a styrofoam cup with hot water and a Lipton Tea Bag. Maybe I am naive but I thought that a place that called itself a tea room and emporium would at least have some more exotic teas and would at least serve it in a glass cup. My sister in law went with me, and she felt the same way. Well anyway we sat in their little tea room, by the way, we could have had pastry, but that we will do some other time. The tea room is more of a very small dining room There are 4 tables, and mismatched chairs, It was really kind of nice in a very midwest small town way. Baldwin is the home of Baker University, and this little establishment is right across from the college, so I am sure that at times they may have some patrons from there. We went at 10:00 am on a very cold cloudy and windy Monday morning, so won't judge the tea room too harshly. The rest of the building has a consignment shop with a pretty presentable little collection previously loved clothing. They had a lot of jewelry, (vintage) Lisa you would have liked it. I checked their bead display, and No POP Beads. The front of the Pink Lady Tea room is run by the Vintage Flea, the antique store at the other end of the block. The antique part of the tea room is where Linda set up my card displays. It was a real hoot to go in and see my creations there for anyone to see. Actually they are right up front. Well enough of that. Today has gone by in a blur also. Here it is 5:30pm CST . At least today it was sunny. This was list making day. I got a couple things done on the list, and the rest will just have to wait till tomorrow or Thurs. I am done for this day. This blog is the last thing that I am going to do today. bye for now. hope you all had a wonderful day. gloriadee/grandmotherhandleyscloset.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I totally agree with you .Actually a proper tea room serves English black tea in flowery porcelain teacups.With the option of styrofoam for those on the go. Thats what I would do. I use to love going into those stores .Now they just cloud my merchant brain. Beautiful stuff but if I sold items at shop prices I would never make any money. At least California shop prices.
I think I may, once I get a little more acquainted with the folks at the Pink Lady, will make a few suggestions. I know that in a small town there is not a lot of business and it is easy to get a little lax with the ambiance. They are probably just hanging on. I know what you mean about small shops. Actually this shop is not too bad. The prices of the antiques are really good.
Post a Comment