Saturday, January 23, 2010

Well I missed yesterday. I was going to give my youngest grandson Micheal his due time on this little tome. What can I say about that lanky young man. He is 17. He is 6' 4" (yes his parents do grow them tall) he weighed in at 10lb 7 oz when he was born. He has the most incredible brown eyes, and a serious bravado that hides his tenderness. Now if I was not very sure that he will never read this, I wouldn't be telling all this. He is poetic, and musical. he has written several very good songs, and he plays in the school band and is in two other rock bands with some friends. One of the bands actually performs for people. They have a gig at a barbeque place in a neighboring town in a few weeks. He has a way with words and that in itself is a puzzle, he doesn't like to read. He is also an artist. He has been an artist since he was able to sit at my desk in the den and color and use all the scotch tape. As he got older say 7 or 8 he started using other mediums. He went through a time when he would bend paper clips into animals. He also had us save all those carry out cup holders from McDonalds. he maid furniture with them. Well I guess that is all I really want to share about our special grandson Micheal. I know everyone thinks their grandchildern are the best thing in the world and I agree. Grandchildren are God's way of thanking you for not killing your own kids when they were teenagers. If you have grandchildren, enjoy them, if you don't have grandchildren enjoy youth, they are the only real hope we have in this messed up world. That's all for now.

No comments: