Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Killing Time

Well this will probably be short, and it probably won't make a lot of sense to many of you. What do you do when you are waiting for time to go to a meeting or appointment and there is not enough time to do anything really? I have about 25 minutes before I need to leave to go see the lady who wants to look at my cards. Anything I could do would take more time than that and I really don't want to do anything right now anyway. As we speak my daughter is out sweeping the kitchen floor. She is making noises like she doesn't really want to do that, but she is doing it because she is neater than I am. She is very vocal at times about what needs to be done around here. Let me say right now, A Martha Stewart I am not. In fact I just got a bit of her show earlier when I was channel surfing. She had Emeril LaGasse on and he had his little boy helping him make some potato salad. It finally was more than Martha could stand so she started helping him by pouring stuff in the bowl and just generally taking over some of the stuff. I felt sorry for that little boy. Is there anyone out there who lives that Martha Stewart lifestyle anymore? Was there ever anyone who lived that lifestyle? I suspect that people watch her and live vicariously through her unatainable standards. Now all you Martha fans. don't come down on me. I am an underachiever when it comes to the domestic arts. I am just one of those slugs who can drink my wine out of a regular glass and eat my dinner on a paper plate. I don't sleep on 7,0000 thread count sheets, and I don't throw parties with place cards and crystal and china. Oh well guess I will close this little thing right now before I make anyone too angry. Besides it is time for me to go.

No comments: