Sunday, January 24, 2010

SUNDAY MORNING COMING DOWN

Well another cloudy day here in the midwest. Colder, some drizzle possible. Now that I have given the weather for this part of the US. I want to talk about something else. Now I don't know what this particular blog will be about. I am going to try to turn off the intentional part of my brain and let the instinctual or what ever part that wants to talk, do so. Here Goes:

Has anyone ever done meditation? I have been meditating for several months. I should say trying to meditate. Do you know how hard it is to just shut stuff out??? I am working on it. aAll the people who think they know how to do it say that it is possible to go totally within yourself and come back out more enlightened, and feeling great. I go to a meditation class every Monday night. We are pretty informal. We all just get together and get silent for half an hour. We do this before a yoga class. I don't go to the yoga class but a couple of the gals do and the teacher of the yoga class also is in our meditation group. It seems to work, if we don't get a lot of insight into ourselves or the universe at least we have 30 minutes to just be. Now I think that is a pretty darn good thing in itself. We are a pretty chatty group normally, but when we go in for the meditation the words are few. I am proud of us.

We are going to Manhattan today. 1: to hear Mike play in an invitational band, and 2: maybe to see our oldest grandson Chris. for a bit. For those of you who care. The shoes fit.

Got more Valentines made yesterday to take to the Pink Lady. Going tomorrow, taking my sister in law with me because she wants to go. That's good. Perhaps we can have a cup of tea while we are there. Don 't know how many to make don't know if any will sell, but guess I will give them a variety anyway. Now a Hallmarks I am not!!! I make all the cards by hand by me. I cut paste and create, and compose all the verses from scratch, so I don't have 20,00000 of one card. If I make 3 or four of the same style it may not end up exactly like the first one I may fix each a little different. I will never be a big card company, although the budget might like that, I resist assembly line stuff. I prefer one of a kind. My sister paints and she is good. I told her to make some small water colors and I would incorporate them into a card, but don't know if she will or not. She has confidence issues with her painting, actually she is very very good at it. But perhaps it is not her passion??? I have discovered that if you are doing something you love and are passionate about, it doesn't matter what others think. I tried many things in the past until I started the card thing. That is my passion. I have done it for over 15 years, and will make carduntil I loose the passion for it or get too old to do it.

Well enough rambling. Got to get around and get to Manhattan. Have a wonderful Sunday.
gloriadee.

No comments: