Thursday, January 21, 2010

My grandsons.

I just sent my oldest grandson Christopher a private message on facebook. It was nothing important. I just got him a pair of shoes and I was telling him that they should arrive at his dorm in a few days. We had tried to get him interested in new shoes several months ago, but that wasn't a priority then. Well when he was back at Christmas he had a hole in his favorite shoes, and his feet got wet when he went outside. Now he has other shoes and an almost brand new pair of boots but he doesn't like wearing those boots all the time. His mother took him shoe shopping at Christmas but they couldn't fine any to fit him correctly. His problem is he has a big wide foot. He wears a 15 triple E. That does limit his selection. He wanted Luggs, and they are one of the few companies that carry that width. Well that wasn't what I wanted to write about this evening. As I was writing him my mind went back to that first time I saw him only a few minutes after he entered this crazy place. His green eyes at the tender age of 3 minutes old held the promise of all things. At this point he is a freshman in his second semester at Manhattan. He is doing fine as far as any of us know, but he is not a great communicator. He let's us know what we need to know and the rest he keeps to his own councel. He has such a gentle spirit. He is tall. At least 6' 6. I think he has grown since he went away. His green eyes still hold the promise of that infant I first set eyes on 18 years ago. I don't have any great moral to this story except that time does go by so fast and I just was wondering what my dear oldest grandson will become in this world. He is studying engineering, and that is a good profession. Whatever he finally decides I know that he will be a good loving human being and that is all that is important. Well I guess that is it for now. I am getting a bit maudlin. I am listening to a Barbara Striesand CD and I think I need to go turn it off because it is making me really melancholy. Well dear hearts. This is all for today. Tomorrow I will extol the virtues of Micheal my youngest grandson who is a Junior in High School and one of them most wonderful kids in the world. Well that's for tomorrow. Love and Blessings to all. gloriadee/grandmotherhandleyscloset.

No comments: