Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I'm Back. Things Change.

My don't things change?? Here it is Jan. 13 2010. I have closed my website grandmotherhandleyscloset.com, too much money going out and too little coming in. I figured out after about a year, that I really don't like perfumes. I am allergic to many of them and some just smell funny to me. Now I am not maligning perfumes, I am just saying that I don't really like them all that much. Perhaps that is part of the reason that my little business took a nosedive. You need to do something you are passionate about and I just wasn't passionate enough about fragrances to make it work. The economy also had a big impact, but it wasn't a total loss. I feel like I got a lot of useful information from that little website, even if people weren't flocking to Grandmother Handleys Closet for it's fragrance needs. I am now working on a true passion and one that I have had since 1995. I design greeting cards and create original verses. I intend to bring back the gentle art of sending greeting cards. I am not against e-cards as such, but I love going to the mailbox and receiving something besides bills. Well need to close for now. Got a meeting. I will post tomorrow and keep on posting till someone reads them. bye for now.

1 comment:

Smashed pennies said...

I found it!!! You know I think the perfume thing is in the family. Both my Mom and I have perfume issues. Headaches and general nausia when worn. Glad to see you blogging. Im busy today too. Going to an auction in Los Angeles. Hopefully I get some time to blog today but Im not sure. Its good to go out into the world of the living though. Take care Lisa