Friday, January 15, 2010

I am busy today. I have to design a program for a meeting that is in the morning. I haven't done much more than read the article that I am using as the basis for this program. I also have to get the business end of this meeting organized since I am the chairperson this year. I am on crisis mode here today. Well just to ad a little interest to the day. My husband came up a couple hours ago and asked me to do some phone calling for him. To say the least I was not receptive to this request. Now before you form your opinion of my long suffering husband. He seldom asks me to do things for him, but it is hard for him to hear over the phone, that is from years as an auto mechanic and all the noises that damaged his hearing. So I make any of the business calls that need to be made. Well TODAY was the day that he needed these calls made!!!! I was less than gracious, and then my better self stepped in and I realized that it is presumptuous of me to think that my stuff is more important than his stuff. The things that need to get done will get done, and the things that don't get done will just not get done. These busy things that make us all feel important or useful is just that in the final scheme of things. Given the disaster in Haiti and indeed all the little disasters that happen every day in this world. MY stuff is piddly. Well guess I should get back to the piddly stuff. Tomorrow will run smoother if I am at least partially prepared. I have a tendency to wing it too often. I am not a big devotee of planning. It drives my more disciplined family and friends crazy but then they drive me crazy also, with their need to be so structured all the time. bye for now. gloria

1 comment:

Smashed pennies said...

I choose to use the word "flexible" to describe my lack of structure. Lisa
ps good luck on your meeting