I will make a very brief blog today, since I have company coming soon. I have just heard for the "thousandth" time today about a ball player and his decision to play for a team. I am not going to give him more publicity by using his name but you all know who I am talking about, unless you have been out in the desert and have just come back to what we call "civilization". I have a whole bunch brothers, and they are sports enthusiasts to the max. I even have one who was at his prime a passable basketball player, so I know they all have been waiting with baited breath for his decision. My word! he even had an interview on GMA and I am sure on the other morning entertainment shows as well. Just so you know, I am NOT against sports. I am for sports in the form that is the most like it should be. I am for young people going out there and playing their games and getting exercise and learning how to loose. I am a parent and grandparent who has sat their share of time on hard bleachers in rain and snow and heat and cold. I do that willingly and happily.
The professional sports world is just another business, and if any of you think differently all you have to do is just come out of your adrenalin induced haze long enough to look at the big bucks the players get, now do you really think that if you are paid many many millions of dollars that the game is your main concern????? You say why shouldn't they get the big bucks if they can, after all they PLAY ball well. They are talented PLAYERS. Well dear hearts, there are teachers who don't make enough to feed their families, and there are policemen who don't make enough to feed their families, there are firemen who have to worry about their bills. In my opinion, THESE ARE THE REAL PEOPLE WHO SHOULD BE GETTING THE REAL BIG BUCKS. THEY AREN'T PLAYING, THEY ARE BUSY HELPING OUR CHILDREN AND SAVING OUR LIVES, Well that is all I have to say right now. Got to run. If anyone reads this and has another opinion, please let me know. I love to hear other points of view. gloriadee
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment