It has been hot today and windy.
It has been humid. There were storms this morning.
The day was filled with the electricity of an unsettled atmosphere.
My day was also filled with disquiet. I don't know if that is a word or not but it pretty much says what I felt.
There are decisions to be made. There are things to be worked through. There are thoughts that I would love to change but can't for any number of reasons. There are places I would go, but can't for another whole set of reasons.
People I care about are ill, some won't be with us long. There are happy people who will be happy for a time and then be sad for a time. There are all these things that are going on in my mind on this "unquiet evening".
I don't want to face the responsibilities of tomorrow. I don't want to be where I am. Now before you get worried and think that I am going to do something drastic. I am not. I am just trying to write out my unquiet thoughts. I am trying to write out my unquiet feelings.
I am trying to put into words that life is just never never what we think it will be. Plan and plan and plan, and then when you get done, plan some more, and it doesn't really make any difference, because plans are just wisps of fog on a cool autumn morning. Plans are fireflies at night. Plans are thunder and lightning. Dear hearts. plans are very elusive and capricious things and they don't care that you worked so very hard on them. They have a will of their own.
Well guess that is all for now. I know these are not words of wisdom because all of us have had plans that haven't made it to the light of day, but I just needed to write down what I was thinking. Goodnight dear ones. Good night "unquiet thoughts."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment